Friday, June 15, 2012

Finding something to do with your time! Be Joyful!

I am a stay-at-home Mom of three children ages 16, 13, and 10. One of the hardest things that we (SAHM's) go through is finding something for ourselves to do. We definitely have know issues keeping busy with the kids, house, and husband but what about us?

I have done MANY things through out the years. Hmmm, let's see;

I have created hand-crafted sachets, tables, candles, art, and jewelry. I have made funnel cakes for large groups and now I make cupcakes (for family and friends). I have also been apart of working from home to which I did succeed in.

At 41 years-old I realized that it is OK to have many talents for this is what the Lord gave to me and I should use them. I do not like to be all over the map so I have narrowed my talents down to:

1) Cooking/Baking
2) Singing/Dancing
3) Jewelry/Art

When we find our gifts then we do have something very joyful to do and share with others.
I just love sharing my creations with people. I do not look to make a million dollars. I look to bring joy to people. I also love to cook and bake. I love to feed people lol (I am Greek)! Singing, well, I do it all of the time! These things bring me much joy!

Another project I am working on is helping some of the hungry children in Kenya, Africa. I know Pastors out there that are not only spreading the gospel but also giving their lives to this mission led by Jesus! It is important that we ALL find some kind of charity or opportunity to give back to God.

There is no such thing as "losing yourself" if you know who you are in Christ. He will guide you to where you need to be and what you need to be doing.

Enjoy your life and love what God created you to be!
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment